Thomas Renter CRNA, LHRM, CPHRM
Mr. Renter has been a Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager (LHRM) in the state of Florida and a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) through the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) since 2009.
The operating room and anesthesia services are considered high risk because...
- High severity/frequency of claims
- Increased frequency of adverse events/incidents
- Unstable patients
- Reliance on complex technology
- High stress area
- Uncontrolled, unplanned, and high volume
- Multiple hand-offs
- Small margin for error
- High level of skill/specialization required
- Potential for injury is high
- Severity is high with injury
As a risk manager, you need to know a little bit about every area in your facility. When you need to know a lot about your operating room and anesthesia services, call us.